Solar Power Solutions
Going solar presents any organization an important opportunity to achieve long-term electrical cost savings, budget stability, and sustainability goals. While starting a solar project may seem daunting, Acterra Group is here to help. We provide superior technology, solar policy analysis, project financing, site analysis, educational tools, and a host of other tools, support, and consulting. From site assessment to installation to operation and maintenance (O&M), Acterra can help ensure your solar project proceeds as smoothly as possible and produces reliably for the long-term.
We are leading solar energy contractors. Our team can design, build, and maintain solar energy facilities from the ground up, helping our clients meet growing needs for clean, sustainable power and ongoing energy conservation.
We are solar energy construction contractors delivering turnkey solar energy solutions and optimized-collection systems . We capitalize on our relationships with photovoltaic-equipment providers to cost-effectively procure materials, and work closely with our clients to properly size the facility, plan the infrastructure, construct to exact specifications and connect it to the electric grid.
Our expertise extends from remote locations to busy urban centers, and we work with a wide variety of clients to create both supplemental power and/or renewable energy independence.
Adding residential solar panels to your property presents many environmental and financial advantages. From reducing your power bill to minimizing your dependence on grid energy, here’s how you can potentially benefit from solar panels on your home:
REDUCE YOUR ELECTRIC BILL
Installing residential solar panels could potentially reduce your electric bill by allowing you to source your own energy directly from the sun. Because you’re essentially creating your own power, solar could lower the amount of power you purchase from utility companies and help you save thousands in electrical costs over the lifespan of your panel array.
OWN YOUR POWER
Residential solar panels allow you to source your energy right from the sun and convert it into usable power that you own, 24/7, 365. No longer will you rent power from the grid. Instead, your solar system will work for you to provide unmitigated access to clean energy, as well as help you avoid unexpected rate increases from the utility companies.
PROTECT AGAINST POWER OUTAGES
Solar panels help you avoid unexpected grid complications that come with traditional energy because panels generate power from the sun. When you rent your power from the electrical company, you’re at the mercy of a potential outage at any moment.
MODERNIZE YOUR CURB APPEAL
We use American-made solar panels with an all-black, modern aesthetic to mesh seamlessly with your roof. Built to endure everything from strong winds and rain to extreme temperatures and snowstorms, your panels will not only look great – they’ll perform through any weather, in any climate.
Why Harness Solar Energy For Your Farm?
Farmers have been experts of harnessing and using solar energy for thousands of years. Almost every form of agriculture involves the use of the sun, efficiently converting the energy to produce forms of energy we need for life.
In recent years, rising electricity costs have added to the escalating overheads affecting farmers and the profitability of their businesses. It therefore shouldn’t come as any surprise that farmers and landholders are starting to realize the potential of using unused roof space of solar panels for farm buildings or parcels of relatively unproductive land.
These can be perfect for solar PV installations to generate your own electricity, cut fuel bills and potentially have an additional income stream to support your business. In fact, there’s a large number of solar farmers already reaping the financial rewards from this technology.
Aligning to company and departmental goals is crucial if a solar project is going to win approval. This means that it’s vital that all the departments involved feel like their goals and requirements are met. Additionally, it’s important to address any concerns and mitigate potential risks. For example, the facilities department may be concerned about the number of roof penetrations required for a roof-mounted solar project, so gathering information on different solar solutions and how they are mounted is an important step for assuaging this department’s concerns. Above all others, senior management must be persuaded and needs to be shown
how solar meets over-arching company goals.
Before you commence those big steps, you can gather basic site information to share with a solar partner. A solar system’s site directly impacts electrical production, and higher energy generation typically means a better net present value (NPV). So it’s recommended to obtain photos and drawings of different sites to review to find the optimum location. Working with an experienced solar partner early on in your evaluation can greatly assist you in managing site assessment. If you are already comfortable working a solar partner, they may do all of this work for you. Whether by you or your solar partner, each of the following elements should be evaluated before selecting a site:
- Climate: If you are interested in a rooftop solution, climate factors, such as wind speed, are key considerations and influence the type of solution selected. Similarly, an area with minimal or no flooding issues should be selected for ground sites.
Space Availability: Determining how much space you have available for solar power is another important factor. This influences how large of a system you can create, which impacts the energy production and ultimately, your ROI. Rooftop, open ground spaces, and parking lots are several potential locations for a solar installation.
Roof Structure & Interconnection: For rooftop installations, the integrity of the roof needs to be evaluated to ensure it can accommodate the addition of solar
hardware. In order to ensure that your system is online as soon as possible, it is important that the installation be located near your meter.
- Site Characteristics & Terrain: Whether you are in a suburban, urban, or grassland environment, it is important that shading be minimized as it inhibits
performance. Also, flatter land spaces for ground-mounted solar are ideal. The land should have less than a 5% slope.
- Determining Your Electrical Needs and Goals: Twelve months of energy bills are needed for developing an accurate evaluation of your organization’s electrical needs. Along with that, you need to know the utility rates and the rate schedule. SunPower can help you to factor in rate escalation because utility
rates have a long history of increases.
- Assessing Financial Options and Incentives: Solar power is within financial reach for organizations everywhere because of the many innovative financial tools that are now available. If a cash-purchase isn’t possible, a power purchase agreement (PPA) allows your organization to lock in a long-term electrical rate with no upfront costs. A PPA is just one of several financial options to explore, especially as new financial innovations are brought into the solar industry. Additionally, there may be many solar incentives and rebates to consider. Your solar partner can help you navigate the solar policies on the federal, state, and municipal levels to help you combine the right incentives with the right utility rate structures to maximize the value of your solar project.
- Investing in Long-Term Budget Stability: By initiating a solar project, you can help your organization to enjoy significant savings on electricity bills. Furthermore, insulation from volatile utility rates offers increased stability and predictability for your company’s budget. Going solar is a great long-term
investment. You can soon turn sunlight into one of your organization’s biggest assets.
SAVE MONEY WITH PHOTOVOLTAICS & DIESEL GENERATORS
In combination, diesel generators and photovoltaic systems are very well suited to energy supply in areas with an unstable or non-existent mains supply. The additional use of solar energy reduces fuel consumption, which saves costs. Furthermore, the integration of a PV system brings a sustainable factor into the system.
- ADVANTAGES OF SOLAR DIESEL HYBRID SYSTEMS: Reduce diesel costs – Solar power is much cheaper and more predictable in the long term than power generated by diesel generators. Quick ROI – Due to the high savings potential, the investment in a photovoltaic system pays for itself after a short time. Reduce CO2 footprint – Generating solar power reduces your carbon footprint.
- SAVE FUEL AND REDUCE ENERGY COSTS: Fuel costs make up the largest part of the cost of producing electricity using diesel generators. Depending on the geographical location, oil prices are increasing and more can be expected. This shows no sign of abating. The price trend in the photovoltaics sector is much more positive. Over the past few years, the costs per kWh from PV systems have dropped around the globe. For this reason, there is a clear financial justification for converting almost every diesel-powered system into a solar/diesel hybrid system. Every unused diesel kWh saves money.
- AN INVESTMENT THAT PAYS OFF QUICKLY: The combination of diesel generators with PV systems quickly pays for itself through the large savings in fuel costs. Intelligent technology ensures optimum interaction between the photovoltaic system and the diesel generator. This guarantees that as much solar energy as possible is used and that the diesel generator operates at various degrees of utilization at the most advantageous operating points.
- Design and construction of solar facilities
- Residential Solar Construction
- Agricultural Solar Construction
- Civil Construction
- Electrical Infrastructure